Dental Crowns are a tooth-shaped cap which is placed on the tooth to restore the shape, size, and appearance of the tooth. It also enhances the strength of the tooth. If the major part of the tooth is missing, then the crown is the best solution for it. By placing the crown, a tooth can function normally again.
Bridges are commonly used if you’re missing one or more teeth. They cover the space where the teeth are missing and are cemented to natural teeth or implants surrounding the space.
WHY IS DENTAL CROWN NEEDED?
- Replace a tooth which is too large for a filling
- Protect or restore a weak tooth from fracturing
- To cover a tooth that has had RCT
- Required to attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Dental Crown also gives your tooth the strength, shape, size and also help to improve the appearance of your tooth.
- Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to shift resulting in a bad bite. This can also lead to gum disease and TMJ disorders.